Lately, I have been doing some shopping with spending little or no money.
Except when I purchased all the stamps for the wedding stationary, put the final deposit on the Cathedral, and signed the contract with the videographer.
Wedding things aside, I have been spending very little but gaining much.
This is the best kind of shopping.
It makes you feel like you out-smarted someone.
It makes you feel like you have extra money to buy necessities, like pretty paper and sequin ribbon.
It makes you forget that you are currently living in an Arctic tundra and makes your lungs feel like icicles and your days numbered:
My latest shopping deals are:
1. Free bottle of lotion and free VS Valentine panties – aren’t coupons the best? This new scent is veryyyy delicious.
2. I won a giveaway on Megan’s blog and she mailed me a coupon for a free box of clementines. You bet your bootah I redeemed that. Yummy!
3. You know what is one good thing about snowy-cold-winter? You get to find great steals on summer clothing that is being clearanced. Mr. Speedy, my friend J, and I went to Kohls and I found this beautiful sundress — SCORE:
4. I bought a boat load of books with Christmas gift cards….. most of these are for my book club – BUYING BOOKS WITH GIFT CARDS IS THE BEST KIND OF SHOPPING EVER.
5. I have come to the conclusion that…. hosting a wedding is like having a HUGE REUNION with your closest friends that are all across the country. I realize this is not shopping, but it is a good deal. I have two blogging friends driving in, two of my BFF from graduate school, my aunts from MA, Mr. Speedy’s relatives from NE and TX, the list just goes on.
What a lovely deal- get married and get to see people whom you love all together at once.
Seems like a lovely plan. I can’t wait.
6. Finally, after I get married and settled into life as a wife, I might pursue this career:
No pants and free clam bra?!?! Sign me up.
I bet you mermaids get to shop for free… under the sea.
(That was SO corny, I could not help it.)
Any one else have any amazing deals they have been finding lately? Please share.